Monday, August 29, 2011

Diary Of an Indigo


Hey Indigo's
Growing up as a kid I can honestly say that I had a great time and didn’t have to deal with too much adversity. My parents were great, my dad had a great job and my mom was at home with all of us every day.  A stay at home moms today is a very rare thing, but when I was coming up, it was more of the norm. It wasn’t until I hit early adulthood that things started to get a bit crazy, most of it, due to my health situation.  After being diagnosed with a rare form of cancer, things started to get a little scary and I began to deal with things that I never imagined.  Not only that, but they were things that I never even had to see my parents deal with, so I was pretty frustrated with dealing with them.  I can remember in one year, I lost my income completely, had a heart attack, several seizures and a stroke, and this was after my Mom and Dad passes away.  Of course I had an incredible wife to see me through all of this, but it was still tough to deal with for both of us.  Things are much better now, and even though the doctors told me I would never make it more than six months obviously I did.  Not only that, but we started our own businesses and are now able to make our own schedules in order to deal with our unique life style.  While we can’t live our lives like everyone else these days we can live and we love every moment of it.  Going through what we went through gave us a new outlook on life and forced us to see the alternatives that life offers instead of focusing on the road blocks that might come up. When we try to do something and it doesn’t work out the way we want, we don’t stop or say that it was a failure we alter our strategy and still come up with the result we were looking for in the first place.  Who cares if you can’t take Main St. to the playground, if 1st. will get you there, just take that.  We joke around now and say that there is no such thing as a negative situation, only lessons learned, a person is not fat they just have a lot of relaxed muscle.  You’re not dumb, you just have a lot to learn, and of course that person is not ugly they just have a unique beauty.  I can go on for days with this but while we are joking we are serious at the same time. You have to train your mind to work this way, and once you do, it seems that the world just opens up to you. Decisions become much easier to make, and the result is no longer something to obsess over, because you know that whatever it is, it’s supposed to be, and you will make it work.  
Stay Indigo!!!!
JUDAH

No comments:

Post a Comment